As a back end developer in an early stage startup, you’ll work closely with our lead developer to build out the system. There’s plenty of interesting challenges ahead ranging from image/video facial recognition to providing analytics on large data sets. As such, there will be plenty of learning opportunities as you try and tackle these problems.
Skills they are looking for:
- Experience with an object-oriented language (C#, java, or other)
- Good understanding of clean code, writing tests, and what makes good design
- At least a basic understanding of relational databases
- Comfortable being autonomous when it comes to writing code (we’re still around to help if needed)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of build and deploy tools and experience getting your code into production
Anything else is a bonus. Our current stack is C# on .net core, with postgres and a serverless infrastructure on AWS. We don't believe in one technology to rule them all though, so we won't discount previous experience with another tech, and we're always open to a new tech if it solves the problem at hand better.
You won't be limited to back end development if you don't want to be. There will be ample opportunity for you to get involved in other areas of development if you want to. If you feel your skills are stronger in other areas, get in touch anyway.
What you will get.
Flexible working hours, share options, transparent pay frameworks, transparent decision making, personal development plans, dedicated learning time, generous equipment budget, friday drinks (soft or hard), company lunches and outings.
You will need to be eligible to live and work in NZ.